3D Measurement and Control, Made Easy
Gocator is an evolutionary leap in 3D sensor technology that solves this challenge and delivers an unparalleled user experience. Gocator’s unique all-in-one design puts everything needed for set up, measurement, and control in one web-enabled, pre-calibrated package. Everyone from production floor staff to the most experienced 3D systems engineer can use Gocator to precisely scan 3D shape, measure critical dimensions, and communicate to factory floor equipment - all from a web browser.
The Gocator Experience
- Built-in web server, no separate software required
- Use a standard web browser for setup & control
- Easy to use, intuitive, multi-language interface
- View real-time data on any computer, any OS
- Built-in measurement tools, no coding necessary
- Easy setup allows real 3D measuring in minutes, not days
- Tag and track parts for sorting & rejecting defects right from the sensor
- Use as a single sensor, dual sensor system, or scale up to a network of sensors
- Measure profiles or volumes and detect surface patterns all with the same sensor
- Available in displacement, line profile, and snapshot technologies
- Choice of 2M, 3R, and 3B laser classes
- Open source SDK for custom application development
- Scan rates up to 32,000 Hz
- Resolution to microns with large fields of view
- Gigabit Ethernet data delivery
- Delivers real world coordinates, right out of the box
- Highly accurate assembly process for consistent, reliable, & precise measurement
- Interface to your existing control systems, including PLCs
- Choose how you want to trigger and scan
- Select Ethernet, digital, analog, and/or serial data output
- Easily fits in small spaces
- Can be used on robotic arms
- Fits your application without costly modifications
Real-time Closed Loop Automation
Gocator Displacement Sensors are high speed (up to 32 kHz) distance measuring devices. Ideal for non-contact dimensional measurements, such as height and thickness, or surface rough- ness, these sensors are easy to network and integrate.
Gocator 1100 Series
Gocator 1300 Series
Laser Line Profile Triangulation
Gocator Profile Sensors measure a cross sectional shape. Cross sections can be collected to form 3D point clouds representing whole parts for performing volumetric measurements. The same sensor can also provide valuable calibrated 2D intensity images for use with common 2D imaging libraries.
Gocator 2000 Series
Gocator 2300 Series
World's First All-in-one 3D Snapshot Sensor
Gocator Snapshot Sensors are the first family of 3D smart scanners to combine 3D point cloud acquisition and measurement tools in a single industrial package. With a rich set of built-in volumetric and specific 3D feature measurement tools, Gocator snapshot sensors are ideal for a wide variety of non-contact, in-line inspection applications where objects must remain stationary.
Gocator 3300 Series
Gocator's small size and flexibility allows it to handle the 3D measurement needs of automotive production. The built-in Gap and Flush tools give Gocator users a ready-made solution to a critical process for door and lid panel quality control. Gocator sensors can easily handle body in white, body sides, door underbodies, frame, hood, deck lid, door header correction, motor compartment width variation, and rear axle inspection.
Gocator all-in-one 3D smart sensors reduce the cost of factory automation by making product validation easy to implement and maintain. Simple to integrate and industrially designed for the rugged needs of the factory floor, Gocator 3D smart sensors are packed with built-in tools that can have a big impact on your bottom line. An open-source SDK and the ability to communicate with PLCs via industry standard protocols make Gocator sensors flexible to solve the inline 3D measurement and control challenges in today's factories.
Rubber & Tire
With Gocator sensors, users can easily perform rubber extrusion, green tire, or final tire runout inspection.
Gocator's 3D measurement and visualization tools build on almost 30 years of rubber and tire industry experience to solve many challenges associated with tire inspection. One of Gocator's advantages in tire inspection is the built-in Groove tool. This tool measures the width and bottom of V and U shape grooves and gives users the ability to accurately set pass / fail conditions and inspection decisions based on these measurements to ensure final product performance.
Gocator sensors build on LMI's extensive history of successful road scanning technology to deliver roadway measurements and inspection with superior ambient light handling, scalability, and low latency. Gocator's offer high-speed road roughness scanning and high-density road and rut scanning. Gocator measures pavement roughness, rut depth, and road profiles at highway speeds and is Industrially designed for the rugged needs of open road inspection.
Gocator sensors allow sawmills to increase dollar recovery in log or board breakdown. Gocator delivers high-density 3D shape over Ethernet for advanced optimization on a PC. Built-in measurement tools can compute volume, thickness, height, and orientation for simple process control with a PLC. Gocator offers 2D image information (laser intensity output) that can be processed with traditional image processing libraries to detect and quantify knots, checks, rot, and other surface defects that affect cutting decisions and product value.